Friday, April 25, 2014

New Additions to My Collection

I received 2 more books in the mail today. "Zothique" by Clark Ashton Smith and "Literary Swordsmen and Sorcerers: The Makers of Heroic Fantasy" by L. Sprague de Camp. Both were used but are in great condition.
"Zothique" was the 16th book of the Ballantine Adult Fantasy paperback series. It was published in June 1970 and contains content that was originally published in various magazines in the 1930s. It contains one poem and all 16 Zothique stories.
The books that are in the Ballantine Adult Fantasy series are all worth picking up. The series is made up of many fantasy classics and each one is adorned with great artwork. Most of these books can be picked up relatively cheaply. A few of them command somewhat higher prices ($20 - $25) but for the most part you can get them for $5 - $15 (sometimes even less - I've found a few for $1).
The de Camp book is a hardcover that was published in 1976 by Arkham House. There were 5431 made of the 1st edition and there were no subsequent editions or reprints. This book compiles de Camp's essays on many fantasy and weird fiction writers. I am really looking forward to reading this one and may move it to the front of my queue.
I am expecting a few more books in the coming week and will post about them when I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment