Monday, November 10, 2014

The Quest for Tanelorn by Michael Moorcock

The Quest for Tanelorn is the 3rd and last book in the Chronicles of Count Brass series by Michael Moorcock. As I stated in my post on Count Brass, this series is a continuation of The History of the Runestaff series also by Moorcock.
This story begins where The Champion of Garathorm left off. Dorian Hawkmoon is reunited with his wife Yisselda but still does not have their two children. Hawkmoon and Yisselda yearn for their children and begin to look for them. The remainder of the book concerns this adventure.
I loved the voyage to Tanelorn and everything that happened along the way but I particularly enjoyed the story once the travellers reached their destination. The city of Tanelorn itself is described as a beautiful, psychedelic city. Even the battle leading up to the actual discovery of the city is something out of an LSD trip.
In researching more about Moorcock and the Multiverse mythology, I discovered multiverse.org. This is a site I'm sure I will be perusing often in the coming months.
I cannot yet decide if I want to read the Elric series or The History of the Runestaff series next but I can't wait to read more of these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment